ISYY’s organisation is formed of the following:
– About 13,000 Student Union members that form the basis of the ISYY. All students studying for bachelor’s or master’s degree at the University of Eastern Finland are members of the Student Union (ISYY). For exchange students and PhD students Student Union membership is optional.
– Representative Council (39 representatives), i.e. the highest decision-making organ in Student Union which is elected every two years. The Council has a chairperson and two vice chairs. In addition, the Council can form committees to support its work.
– Executive Board (7–10 members) elected by the Representative Council annually. Executive Board prepares and carries out the affairs of the ISYY. The Board has a chairperson and two vice chairs. They all have assigned campuses which they are responsible of.
– Staff, whose members work at different campuses.
– Campus Boards which operate in Joensuu, Kuopio and Savonlinna. The Campus Board members include Executive Board members and the chairpersons of ISYY’s sections.
– Sections. At Savonlinna campus, student organisations take care of matters concerning sections.